- Amazon is the largest Internet company by revenue in the world.It is the second largest employer in the United States and one of the world's most valuable companies.
- In 2015, Amazon surpassed Walmart as the most valuable retailer in the United States by market capitalization. In 2017, Amazon acquired Whole Foods Market for $13.4 billion, which vastly increased Amazon's presence as a brick-and-mortar retailer
- It produces consumer electronics including Kindle e-readers, Fire tablets, Fire TV, and Echo devices.
- In 2018, Bezos announced that its two-day delivery service, Amazon Prime, had surpassed 100 million subscribers worldwide.
- Amazon.com is primarily a retail site with a sales revenue model; Amazon takes a small percentage of the sale price of each item that is sold through its website while also allowing companies to advertise their products by paying to be listed as featured products. As of 2018, Amazon.com is ranked 8th on the Fortune 500 rankings of the largest United States corporations by total revenue.
- Amazon's market capitalization was valued at over US$803 billion in early November 2018.