- Bill Gates is Co-founder, Chairman, former Chief Software Architect and former CEO of Microsoft Corporation.
- He grew up in Seattle, Washington, with an amazing and supportive family who encouraged his interest in computers at an early age.
- In 1975, Gates and Paul Allen launched Microsoft, which became the world's largest PC software company. Gates led the company as chief executive officer until stepping down in January 2000, but he remained as chairman and created the position of chief software architect for himself.
- In June 2006, Gates announced that he would be transitioning from full-time work at Microsoft to part-time work and full-time work at the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, which was established in 2000.
- August 6, 2018, Gates had a net worth of $95.4 billion, making him the second-richest person in the world
- He donated large amounts of money to various charitable organizations and scientific research programs through the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation.
- Gates is one of the best-known entrepreneurs of the personal computer revolution.
- His dad, William H. Gates II, is a Seattle attorney and one of the co-chairs of the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation. His late mother, Mary Gates, was a schoolteacher, University of Washington regent, and chairwoman of United Way International.