- He is a technology entrepreneur, investor, and engineer
- He is the founder, CEO, and lead designer of SpaceX; co-founder, CEO, and product architect of Tesla, Inc.; co-founder and CEO of Neuralink; and co-founder of PayPal
- He has a net worth of $22.8 billion and is listed by Forbes as the 54th-richest person in the world
- Musk attend Queen's University, the University of Pennsylvania, where he received an economics degree from the Wharton School and a degree in physics from the College of Arts and Sciences. He dropped out at Stanford University in 1995 after two days to pursue an entrepreneurial career.
- He subsequently co-founded Zip2, a web software company, which was acquired by Compaq for $340 million in 1999. Musk then founded X.com, an online bank. It merged with Confinity in 2000 and later that year became PayPal, which was bought by eBay for $1.5 billion in October 2002
- In May 2002, Musk founded SpaceX, an aerospace manufacturer, and space transport services company. He helped fund Tesla, Inc., an electric vehicle and solar panel manufacturer, in 2003 and became its CEO and product architect.
- In 2006, he inspired the creation of SolarCity and operates as its chairman. In 2015, Musk also co-founded OpenAI, a nonprofit research company that aims to promote friendly artificial intelligence.
- In July 2016, he co-founded Neuralink, a neurotechnology company focused on developing brain-computer interfaces and is its CEO. In December 2016, Musk founded The Boring Company, an infrastructure and tunnel-construction company.