- Mark Zuckerberg is the founder, chairman and CEO of Facebook. He is responsible for setting the overall direction, product strategy for the company, the design of Facebook's service and development of its core technology and infrastructure.
- It has 1.56 billion daily active users on average for March 2019 and 2.38 billion monthly active users as of March 31, 2019
- Access to Facebook is free of charge, and the company earns most of its money from advertisements on the Website.
- The site has many components, including Timeline, a space on each user’s profile page where users can post their content and friends can post messages; Status, which enables users to alert friends to their current location or situation; and News Feed, which informs users of changes to their friends profiles and status.
- Users can also use various embedded apps, join common-interest groups, and receive notifications of their friends activities.
- The Facebook service can be accessed from devices with Internet connectivity, such as personal computers, tablets and smartphones.
- Facebook offers other products and services. It acquired Instagram, WhatsApp, Oculus, and GrokStyle and independently developed Facebook Messenger, Facebook Watch, and Facebook Portal.