- Google is Alphabet's leading subsidiary and will continue to be the umbrella company for Alphabet's Internet interests.
- Larry and Sergey named the search engine they built “Google,” a play on the word “googol,” the mathematical term for a 1 followed by 100 zeros.
- The Googleplex is the corporate headquarters complex of Google and its parent company Alphabet Inc. It is located in Mountain View, California, United States
- Google.com is the most visited website in the world. Several other Google services also figure in the top 100 most visited websites, including YouTube and Blogger.
- Google's mission statement is "to organize the world's information and make it universally accessible and useful".
- It offers services designed for work and productivity, email, scheduling and time management, cloud storage, instant messaging and video chat, language translation, mapping and navigation, video sharing, note-taking, and photo organizing and editing.
- The company leads the development of the Android mobile operating system, the Google Chrome web browser, and Chrome OS.