Difference between revisions of "Google"
m (Protected "Google" ([Edit=Allow only administrators] (indefinite) [Move=Allow only administrators] (indefinite)))
Latest revision as of 12:29, 9 August 2019
- Google LLC is an American multinational technology company, founded in 1998 by Sergey Brin and Larry Page that is a subsidiary of the holding company Alphabet Inc.
- Google is Alphabet's leading subsidiary and will continue to be the umbrella company for Alphabet's Internet interests.
- Google includes online advertising technologies, search engine, cloud computing, software, and hardware. It is considered one of the Big Four technology companies, alongside Amazon, Apple and Facebook.
- Larry and Sergey named the search engine they built “Google,” a play on the word “googol,” the mathematical term for a 1 followed by 100 zeros.
- The Googleplex is the corporate headquarters complex of Google and its parent company Alphabet Inc. It is located in Mountain View, California, United States
- Google.com is the most visited website in the world. Several other Google services also figure in the top 100 most visited websites, including YouTube and Blogger.
- Google's mission statement is "to organize the world's information and make it universally accessible and useful".
- It offers services designed for work and productivity, email, scheduling and time management, cloud storage, instant messaging and video chat, language translation, mapping and navigation, video sharing, note-taking, and photo organizing and editing.
- The company leads the development of the Android mobile operating system, the Google Chrome web browser, and Chrome OS.
- Google released multiple hardware products in October 2016, including the Google Pixel smartphone, Google Home smart speaker, Google Wifi mesh wireless router, and Google Daydream virtual reality headset.