- Jeffrey Edward Epstein (January 20, 1953 – August 10, 2019) was an American financier and convicted sex offender.
- Epstein began his career in finance at the investment bank Bear Stearns before forming his own firm, J. Epstein & Co. Epstein was a multimillionaire who was well connected with certain financial, political, and cultural elites.
- In April 2005, police of Palm Beach, Florida, began investigating Epstein after a parent complained that he molested her 14-year-old daughter.
- He served almost 13 months in custody, with work release, as part of a plea deal; federal officials had identified 36 girls, some as young as 14 years old, who had been molested.
- Epstein was arrested again on July 6, 2019, on federal charges for sex trafficking of minors in Florida and New York.
- He died on August 10, 2019 in his jail cell.