- The Lufthasa is the largest Airline in Germany and with its subsidiaries even the largest Airline in terms of passengers carried.
- Besides its own services and owning subsidary passenger Airlines like Swiss Austrian a.o. the Deutsche Lufthansa AG owns several aviation related companies like Lufthansa Technik and LSG Sky Chefs
- The Headquarters of Lufthansa are in Cologne but the main Hub based on Planes is at Frankfurt Airport and its secondary hub is at Munich Airport
- Lufthansa traces its history to 1926 when Deutsche Luft Hansa A.G. was formed in Berlin. First Lufthansa was known as Germanys flag carrier until 1945.
- In an effort to create a new national airline, a company called Aktiengesellschaft für Luftverkehrsbedarf, was founded in Cologne on 6 January 1953, with many of its staff having worked for the pre-war Lufthansa.
- In 1953 Lufthansa placed orders for four Convair CV-340s and four Lockheed L-1049 Super Constellations and set up a maintenance base at Hamburg Airport.
- On 6 August 1954, Luftag acquired the name and logo of the liquidated Deutsche Lufthansa for DM 30,000, thus continuing the tradition of a German flag carrier of that name.
- On 1 April 1955 Lufthansa won approval to start scheduled domestic flights, linking Hamburg, Düsseldorf, Frankfurt, Cologne, and Munich.
- International flights started on 15 May 1955, to London, Paris, and Madrid, followed by Super Constellation flights to New York City from 1 June of that year, and across the South Atlantic from August 1956.
- Today Lufthansa flies to Every Country in the world except North-Korea and several other dangerous destinations