- Zuckerberg is known for co-founding and leading Facebook as its chairman and chief executive officer.
- Zuckerberg attended Harvard University, where he launched Facebook from his dormitory room on February 4, 2004, with college roommates Eduardo Saverin, Andrew McCollum, Dustin Moskovitz, and Chris Hughes.
- His net worth is estimated to be $55.0 billion as of November 30, 2018, declining over the last year with Facebook stock as a whole.
- In 2007 at age 23 he became the world's youngest self-made billionaire. As of 2018, he is the only person under 50 in the Forbes ten richest people list, and the only one under 40 in the Top 20 Billionaires list.
- Since 2010, Time magazine has named Zuckerberg among the 100 wealthiest and most influential people in the world as a part of its Person of the Year award.
- In December 2016, Zuckerberg was ranked 10th on Forbes list of The World's Most Powerful People.
- A movie based on Zuckerberg and the founding years of Facebook, The Social Network was released on October 1, 2010, starring Jesse Eisenberg as Zuckerberg.