Welcome to keywordswiki,
- This page explains how we collect, use, disclose, and protect information that applies to our Service, and your choices about the collection and use of your information. This Policy applies to the online services offered by keywordswiki at keywordswiki.com
How we Use Information
- You can use our website without providing personal information, but you have to create an account to access some of the features of our Service. If you create an account with us, we receive and store all information that you provide in the creation of the account.
How we Protect Information
- We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the Personal Information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. However, no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. Therefore, while we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
- We also may use services such as Google Analytics or other analytics services that provide us with analytics of the use of our Site.
- We use or may use the data collected through cookies, log file, device identifiers, location data and clear gifs information to: (a) remember information so that you will not have to re-enter it during your visit or the next time you visit the site; (b) customize your user experience; (c) provide and monitor the effectiveness of our Service; (d) monitor aggregate metrics such as total number of visitors, traffic, usage, and demographic patterns on our website and our Service; (e) diagnose or fix technology problems; and (f) otherwise to plan for, improve and enhance our service. We may associate information we automatically collect with your other information.
Sharing personal Information with third parties
- We may share your personal information in the instances described below.
- If you post User Content on the Service while not logged in, your IP address will be published with your User Content in order to attribute your contribution to the Service. A selection of Users with administrative powers on wikiHow has the ability to review IP addresses of users to reduce abusive behavior. Any third party service embedded on wikiHow such as an advertiser, video provider, social network or another third party will also have access to your IP address.
- We are not responsible for the use of any data by third parties, and we cannot vouch for the privacy policies of any third party. The Site may link to or use web sites or services belonging to third parties. We have no control over third-party sites or services, and all use of third-party sites or services is at your own risk.
- We do not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under the age of 13. In the event you become aware that an individual under the age of 13 has enrolled without parental permission, please advise us immediately. The Service and its content are not directed at children under the age of 13.
EU Privacy Rights
- For the purposes of the processing of personal data of individuals in the European Union (“EU”), we rely on the following lawful basis for the processing of your personal data:
- (a) Our legitimate interests in (among other things) delivering the Services, conducting commercial research, improving and maintaining the Services, personalising and tailoring content made available to you through the Service, protecting the security or integrity of our databases, protecting our business or reputation, taking precautions against legal liability, dealing with our assets in the event of a business change (see further below), protecting and defending our legal rights or property, or for resolving disputes, investigating and attending to inquiries or complaints with respect to your use of the Services;
- (b) Where relevant, your express consent. If you provide us with personal information relating to you and give your consent for using it;
- (c) Where relevant, the fulfillment of our contractual obligations to you under our terms and conditions of service; and
- (d) Where relevant, for compliance with legal obligations to which we are subject.
- Users based in the European Union have the following legal rights in respect of their information:
- (a) The right to require us to confirm whether or not your information is being processed, the purpose of any such processing, the recipients of any information that has been disclosed, the period for which your information is to be stored and whether any automated decision-making processes are used in relation to their information;
- (b) The right to require us to rectify inaccurate information without undue delay;
- (c) Where we relied on the ‘consent’ basis for processing that information, the right to withdraw your consent at any time. This right to withdraw consent does not affect the lawfulness of processing based on consent before its withdrawal;
- (d) The right to request the erasure of your information. Subject to certain conditions, you can make a request for erasure where:
- (i) the information is no longer necessary in relation to the purpose for which it was collected;
- (ii) the processing of the information is based on your consent (and the other circumstances described in the ‘Legal Basis for Processing Your information’ and ‘How We May *Share Your information’ sections above no longer apply), if you withdraw your consent; or
- (iii) where the personal data is processed by us solely on the basis of our ‘legitimate interest’ referred to above (and the other legal basis set out above do not apply), if you object to the processing of your personal data and there are no overriding legitimate grounds for the processing (such as, for example, where the processing of the data is required to meet statutory obligations or for the defence of legal claims).
- Where we disclosed your information to a third party and you request the erasure or rectification of the data, we will take all reasonable steps to inform the third party of such request;
- (e) The right to require us to restrict the processing of your personal data in certain circumstances, such as where the accuracy of that data is disputed or an objection has been raised. In such circumstances, we will only process that information with your express consent, or for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims or for the protection of the rights of another natural or legal person or for reasons of important public interest;
- (f) Where data is processed based on your consent or to fulfill a contractual obligation, under certain conditions you may have the right to receive your personal data from us in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format;
- (g) The right to object to the processing of personal data where:
- (i) we rely solely on the ‘legitimate interest’ basis for processing that data, in which case we may be legally required to stop processing your information unless we have compelling legitimate grounds for the processing which override your privacy rights and interests; or
- (ii) the information is used for direct marketing purposes, in which case we will immediately stop processing your information for such purposes;
- (h) You have the right to lodge a complaint with the data protection supervisory authority of the EU member state where you reside.
- Please note that the above legal rights are subject to various conditions and exceptions including where the data is used for statistical or scientific research purposes and the exercise of the right would prevent such purposes from being attained or would seriously impair their attainment.
Other Uses or Transfer of Your Information
- We will fully cooperate with any law enforcement authorities or court order requesting or directing us to disclose the identity or behavior of any user suspected to have engaged in illegal behavior.
- We may use subcontractors that are located in countries other than your own, and send them information we receive. For example, we may send your information to any country outside the European Union. All our subcontractors will be subject to non-disclosure and non-use obligations. Nevertheless, some countries may have levels of protection of personal and other information which are not as high as in your country of residence or business.
- We may transfer our databases containing information if we sell our business or part of it.